Friday, January 7, 2011

Hush, Hush & Crescendo Thoughts


I read Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick last year and really, really enjoyed it, but then I kind of forgot about it. Not that there was a reason I forgot about it, it was just one of those things that got pushed to the back of my mind. All of a sudden, Crescendo is in bookstores and I remembered how much I loved the first one, so I picked this one up and read it right away, and OH MY GOD, it was amazing. Patch was as sexy as ever, though kind of a jerk (he had his reasons, which we find out at the end) and the plot was so engaging that I read it in one night because I could not put it down! Nora bothered me a bit, I had the urge to slap her a bunch of times. Example: (note: using my own words)

Patch: Why are you so angry? I just don't feel that way about you.

Nora: I'm not angry. I will throw this lamp at you. I hate you.

Patch leaves, and Nora's inner monologue goes something like this: I love him, I hate him, WAHHHH, why didn't I tell him I love him, I hate him, I just want to hold him, I hate him, WAHHHH.

Me: OMG, Nora, Shut-up!

Scenes like this happened a few different times, but the plot was so amazing, it didn't make me think anything less of the book. It was just Nora being a normal teenage girl, with a ridiculously hot, angel  boyfriend. 

It ended on a cliffhanger (of course) and the third book should be out sometime this year (YAY!)


I sent away for a signed bookplate to put in Crescendo, and the awesome Becca Fitzpatrick sent two, along with a signed postcard and note for me.


Love, Kristina



2 comments:

  1. I'm actually re-reading hush hush before I go to Crescendo but I'm hesitant because of Nora. I love the book except form Nora. She kind of ruins it but I hope Crescendo is better.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to read my post! I would love to know what you think, so please leave a comment below!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...