Sunday, January 23, 2011

I Am Number Four

Summary Provided by Harper Collins: 
Nine of us came here. We look like you. We talk like you. We live among you. But we are not you. We can do things you dream of doing. We have powers you dream of having. We are stronger and faster than anything you have ever seen. We are the superheroes you worship in movies and comic books—but we are real.
Our plan was to grow, and train, and become strong, and become one, and fight them. But they found us and started hunting us first. Now all of us are running. Spending our lives in shadows, in places where no one would look, blending in. we have lived among you without you knowing.
But they know.
They caught Number One in Malaysia.
Number Two in England.
And Number Three in Kenya.
They killed them all.

I am Number Four.
I am next. 

My Thoughts:
So in an earlier post, I talked about how I buy books based on the cover. Again, this is one of those books. I mean honestly, how hot does Alex Pettyfer look in this picture? Really, just beautiful! So, anyway, after staring at the cover for a few minutes, I picked up the book and it just seemed like a really interesting plot. I knew a movie was coming out too, and I like to read the book before I see the movie. This book did not disappoint at all! The characters were well-developed, and the plot was exciting, funny, and sad, all at the same time.

The book is about "Number Four", he has many alias, currently his name is John Smith. John and his mentor/father figure/friend, Henri, are aliens who come from the planet, Lorien. They keep themselves hidden, and move around from place to place to keep the Mogadorians from finding them. The Mogadorians are the evil aliens who destroyed Lorien and now want to destroy Earth.

John never had any friends. He could not get close to anyone for fear of them learning who and what he really is. When him and Henri move to Paradise, Ohio all that changes. He becomes friends with Sam, a sweet nerd who is obsessed with aliens and starts dating, Sarah, the perfect all-American girl. I really loved John's character. Even though he was an alien with super powers, he still felt like every other teenager. He just wanted to belong. He wanted to live a normal life, but knew it was not possible.

I Am Number Four is a really good book. I would recommend it to anyone. It has a little something of everything in it. The second book in the Lorien Legacies series, The Power of Six comes out later this year. I can't wait to spend time with John again.

Anyone interested in the movie? Here is the trailer for the upcoming film: 






Love, Kristina


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the reivew. Since the movie is coming out soon I've been really wanting to read this one. I've heard mixed reviews but now i think I'll have to check it out! :) Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to read my post! I would love to know what you think, so please leave a comment below!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...