Monday, February 7, 2011

The Tiger's Curse by Colleen Houck

Summary Provided by Sterling Publishing: 
Would you risk it all to change your destiny?

The last thing Kelsey Hayes thought she'd be doing this summer was trying to break a 300-year old Indian curse. With a mysterious white tiger named Ren. Halfway around the world.
 

But that's exactly what happened.
 

Face-to-face with dark forces, spellbinding magic, and mystical worlds where nothing is what it seems, Kelsey risks everything to piece together an ancient prophecy that could break the curse forever.
 

Tiger's Curse is the exciting first volume in an epic fantasy-romance that will leave you breathless and yearning for more.


My Thoughts: 
The Tiger’s Curse is a wonderful story about a girl named Kelsey and a prince named Ren. It's the beginning of the summer and Kelsey gets a job at a traveling circus where her job is too sell tickets and souvenirs, help out with the animals and feed the beautiful, white tiger, named Dhiren. Kelsey feels drawn to the tiger and realizes he is not like animals. Believing that he can understand her, Kelsey spends more and more time with Dhiren, even nicknaming him Ren. She talks to him, reads him stories about cats, and eventually she has enough courage to pet him. One day, a mysterious Indian man, Mr. Kadam comes to the circus and purchases Ren, allowing him to go back to India. Mr. Kadam asks Kelsey to go with them and help care for the tiger. Kelsey, who has become very attached to Ren, agrees. Once in India, Kelsey finds out her beloved tiger is actually a 300 year old prince, who along with his brother, Kishan, was cursed to spend eternity as tigers. The brothers are only able to be human for twenty four minutes in every twenty four hour day. It’s up to Kelsey, with the help of Ren and Mr. Kadam, to break the curse so Ren and Kishan can be human again.

The Tiger's Curse started out slow for me, but once I was hooked I could not put it down. I fell in love with Ren. He was a great character and when he was in his tiger form, I couldn’t wait for him to be human again. Ren is everything a girl could want in a guy. He's loyal, thoughtful, sweet, funny, mysterious, sensitive, brave, kind, and who could forget absolutely gorgeous! He's confident, but not arrogant, and I really enjoyed his character overall. Kelsey on the other hand bothered me a lot. While she was strong and loyal, and I loved that she was risking her life to save someone she has just met, she also pissed me off a lot. One minute she is in love with Ren, the next she's being very nasty to him and wants him to stay away from her. What she did in the end to Ren, actually made my teary-eyed.

The Tiger's Curse is a captivating, original story and deserves much praise. The second book in the saga, The Tiger’s Quest comes out in June 2011 and I can not wait!!!!

Love, Kristina
*This is a 2011 Debut Author*

2 comments:

  1. I also read this book, I feel the same way. Especially about Ren! Hopefully in the rest of the series, Kelsey will stop being annoying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book is amazing, I read it and found out I could not put it down!!! I quickly bought the second one read through it in a day. I am craving for the next book and hope the wait wont be to long! If you havnt read this book, you MUST it is an excellent book and I very very very much enjoyed it. The characters are great and the story has a great plot and I think the author is a genius for writing this book.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to read my post! I would love to know what you think, so please leave a comment below!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...