Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Die For Me by Amy Plum


Summary Provided by Goodreads:
My life had always been blissfully, wonderfully normal. But it only took one moment to change everything.

Suddenly, my sister, Georgia, and I were orphans. We put our lives into storage and moved to Paris to live with my grandparents. And I knew my shattered heart, my shattered life, would never feel normal again. Then I met Vincent.

Mysterious, sexy, and unnervingly charming, Vincent Delacroix appeared out of nowhere and swept me off my feet. Just like that, I was in danger of losing my heart all over again. But I was ready to let it happen.

Of course, nothing is ever that easy. Because Vincent is no normal human. He has a terrifying destiny, one that puts his life at risk every day. He also has enemies . . . immortal, murderous enemies who are determined to destroy him and all of his kind.

While I'm fighting to piece together the remnants of my life, can I risk putting my heart—as well as my life and my family's—in jeopardy for a chance at love?

My Thoughts:
Ok, so the synopsis does absolutely nothing to show how amazing Die For Me is. As soon as I read the last line of the novel, I wanted to read the entire book again! Die For Me is an original work and I can not wait for the second installment in the Revenants series!

When Kate loses her parents, she and her sister decide to move in with their grandparents, who happen to live in Paris (love books that are set in France!). Kate feels lonely and lost and spends all of her time alone, until she meets Vincent. Vincent, who appears to be 19 is handsome, smart, and kind. He sounds like the perfect guy except for the fact that he died in the 1940’s. Vincent is a revenant. This means that after he died he came back to life to save others from dying, and he will do this for the rest of eternity.  

The plot was awesome! I was captivated from page one and Die For Me just kept getting better and better. I loved the romance between Kate and Vincent. They actually went on dates! Who goes on dates anymore? I loved it. The two of them were adorable together, and I was rooting for them the whole time. Vincent has the perfect gentleman charm that leaves Kate, and the reader breathless. Even though he isn’t exactly a human, I felt that there romance was so real and believable!

Vincent has an interesting group of friends, who are also revenants. I loved each and every one of them, especially Charlotte and Jules. They all had interesting histories. Back stories are my favorite parts of stories, and Amy Plum did not disappoint with any of them!

I thought Plum did a fantastic job with explaining the mythology of the revenants. I would think that it would be hard to explain, but she was able to do it flawlessly.

Overall, Die For Me is an amazing read and I am anxiously awaiting the second book in the series!

Die For Me will be released on May 10, 2011.

1 comment:

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to read my post! I would love to know what you think, so please leave a comment below!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...