Friday, May 6, 2011

Give Up the Ghost by Megan Crewe


Summary Provided by Goodreads:
Cass McKenna much prefers ghosts over “breathers.” Ghosts are uncomplicated and dependable, and they know the dirt on everybody…and Cass loves dirt. She’s on a mission to expose the dirty secrets of the poseurs in her school.

But when the vice president of the student council discovers her secret, Cass’s whole scheme hangs in the balance. Tim wants her to help him contact his recently deceased mother, and Cass reluctantly agrees.

As Cass becomes increasingly entwined in Tim’s life, she’s surprised to realize he’s not so bad—and he needs help more desperately than anyone else suspects. Maybe it’s time to give the living another chance….

My Thoughts:
Give Up the Ghost is a quick read if you are looking for something simple. I didn’t think Give Up the Ghost had a lot of depth to it, but I still enjoyed it. Cass has been able to see and talk to ghosts ever since her sister died four years ago. After her best friend turned on her in Middle School her only friends have been ghosts. That is who she feels most comfortable with. When popular boy, Tim figures out she has some sort of supernatural ability he begs her to contact his mom, who died three months ago. Cass agrees, and all of a sudden in back in the world of the living. She finds herself caring for Tim, and wanting to help him in more ways then just finding his mom.

Cass bothered me a little bit. I understand why she did the things she did, and I found a lot of them to be hilarious, but at the same time I thought she was way to mean to Tim and I didn’t think it was called for. I did enjoy her friendly ghost friend, Norris. He was funny and I wish I had a ghost friend like him.

The ending gave me hope for the characters, which is always a good thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to read my post! I would love to know what you think, so please leave a comment below!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...