Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Wake by Lisa McMann


Summary Provided by Goodreads:
For seventeen-year-old Janie, getting sucked into other people's dreams is getting old. Especially the falling dreams, the naked-but-nobody-notices dreams, and the sex-crazed dreams. Janie's seen enough fantasy booty to last her a lifetime.
 

She can't tell anybody about what she does they'd never believe her, or worse, they'd think she's a freak. So Janie lives on the fringe, cursed with an ability she doesn't want and can’t control.
 

Then she falls into a gruesome nightmare, one that chills her to the bone. For the first time, Janie is more than a witness to someone else's twisted psyche. She is a participant.

My Thoughts:
I had read Cryer’s Cross by Lisa McMann as soon as it came out and really enjoyed it. I have wanted to start her Dream Catcher series since then, but just never gotten around to it until now. I borrowed Wake from the library, read it in a day, then went and bought all three of them in paperback.

Wake is the story of Janie. If she is a certain number of feet near someone who is sleeping, she will go into their dreams and nightmares. She can not control this and she can’t stop it. One day she appears in the nightmare of Cabe, who has repeating dreams of being burned alive then murdering his attacker. Janie is terrified but also wants to know more about Cabe and be able to help him. The two of them begin a friendship and Cabe learns what’s going on with Janie, which is something she has never told anyone.
I loved both Cade and Janie. They were great characters who have been through a lot and they are both able to help the other heal. I was glad that Cade finally had someone to open up to about his past and Janie was finally able to tell someone about her strange ability.

McMann had my attention from page one. The plot was quick and exciting and I loved how she brought to lonely, pained teenagers together. Wake was overall a great read and I can not wait to read Fade and Gone!

2 comments:

  1. I love Wake! I've read it twice so far. Fade wasn't as enjoyable, unfortunately but I'm hoping Gone will be better.

    ComaCalm's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww I just finished The Missing and I loved it, it has made me want the Dreamcatcher series even more!!! x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to read my post! I would love to know what you think, so please leave a comment below!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...