Friday, June 24, 2011

The Demon's Surrender by Sarah Rees Brennan


Summary Provided by Amazon:
The Goblin Market has always been the center of Sin’s world. But now the Market is at war with the magicians, and Sin’s place is in danger. Thrown out of the Market she loves, Sin is thrown together with brothers Nick and Alan—whom she’s always despised.

Alan has been marked by a magician and is being tortured so that the magicians can get to Nick. As Sin watches Alan struggle to protect the demon brother he loves, she begins to see him in a new light—but she and Mae are locked in a fierce rivalry over who will inherit the leadership of the Goblin Market, and a decisive battle with the Aventurine Circle is looming. Mae’s brother, Jamie, is holed up with the magicians, his loyalties in question. And Nick—well, who knows what a demon might do to save his brother? How far will Nick go to save Alan—and what will it cost them all?

My Thoughts:
I know a lot of people have been saying this, but when I first found out that Sin was going to be the narrator I thought that the book was not going to be as good as the previous two books. I am so glad I was wrong! I did not realize how much Sin’s narration was going to bring to the story. We got to see Nick and Alan in completely different lights, we learned more about the Goblin Market and the Magicians, and we get to see a whole different side to Sin that I absolutely loved! The Demon’s Surrender is the perfect ending to a perfect trilogy! I only have praise for this story and all I want to do is read the entire series again. I totally would too if I didn’t have a list of books that I still need to read!

Sin is awesome! She had the perfect one-liners for Nick and Alan and I couldn’t help but laugh at them. She is strong, brave, independent and protective of her family. She is willing to do whatever she has to do to keep them safe. I really enjoyed learning about her and reading her story.

Alan and Nick were perfect. I love their connection and their protectiveness of each other. I love when they are joking around with each other and when they are scared for the other. Nick had it really bad in this one. It was horrible to read. Sarah Rees Brennan is the only author I know that could make you fall in love with a demon and at the same time is able to make a demon grow as a character. All I wanted to do was hug Nick and tell him everything was going to be OK, but then he probably would have stabbed me. Then there is Alan, who I have loved since the beginning! Seriously, I love him, and he was even better and more swoon worthy in this one! We got to see a whole other side to him that had me melting like butter for him! 

Mae and Jamie are also in the story, though we see less of them then we did in Lexicon and Covenant. Jamie had me worried there for a while, but once he was back to his old self, I realized how much I missed him! I would love to see a companion novel full of Jamie-isms!

There are so many plot twists that I never knew where Brennan was going to take the story and the characters! I was not able to turn the pages fast enough. Seriously, this women is a genius and super talented!  She is an amazing author and I can not wait to read more from her!

The Demon’s Lexicon series is one that I am so glad I read! Surrender had an ending that leaves the reader completely satisfied. I could not have asked for a better ending to a wonderful trilogy.

Just to add to the awesomeness that is The Demon’s Surrender, Alan is on the cover and I thought this cover was the best one yet! 


2 comments:

  1. I'v only read the first book so am behind in this series. Good to hear that it has a good ending for the readers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really struggled with the first book - I only got about half way through. I'm not sure I was in the mood for this book when I started but I do intend on giving it another shot as I keep reading great things about the series.

    Fab review!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to read my post! I would love to know what you think, so please leave a comment below!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...