Thursday, November 10, 2011

Review: The Moon and the Tide by Derrolyn Anderson

The Moon and the Tide
(Marina's Tales # 2)
By: Derrolyn Anderson
Pub. Date: March 28, 2011
Source: Author
Just when things seem to be all figured out, Marina discovers that there's a lot more going on behind the scenes than she ever imagined. When a terrible accident exposes her secret, she discovers that her whole life has been one big lie, and has to cope with more than one kind of betrayal.

A dangerous enemy arrives on the scene, putting her bravery to the test and forcing her to use all of her new-found talents to protect her family. Will good win out over evil? Can love triumph over jealousy?
 The Moon and the Tide is a great second novel in the Marina's Tales series. In the first book, Between the Land and the Sea, Marina learned that she is a mermaid and she has a limited amount of time to choose to become a mermaid forever, or stay human.

Marina is still going out with Ethan, who was perfectly amazing in the first book, but in this one is dealing with the fact that Marina could get hurt. He wants her to stay away from the ocean and the other mermaids. This caused a lot of issues in their relationship, and I felt the two of them spent the entire book arguing. I missed the old version of Ethan from the first book. Marina's cousin Cruz is still the same though! I loved him in the first, and he just gets better and better.

In The Moon and the Tide we learn more about the mermaid mythology and we also learn that there are many evils out there for mermaids and their human children. We also learn secrets about some very important characters.

Marina is still a very strong female protagonist and I love her for that. She knows who she is, and cares about her friends and family. Even when things are at their worst, she won't ever let them down.

My only issue was I thought the plot did not flow at nicely as it did in the first one. For me, the book didn't start to pick up until the middle of the story, but once that happened I couldn't put it down!

Overall, I really enjoyed The Moon and the Tide and I am looking forward to reading the third book in the series, The Fate of the Muse

Read my review of the AMAZING Between the Land and the Sea


2 comments:

  1. I read the first one and liked it a bit! But haven't read the second one yet... I'm not sure I will though. While I liked the first one well enough - I think I'm not the mermaid book type. Somehow they just don't get me like I think they do others. :/ Love your review though! :) I know this is definitely a series many could love!

    Liza @ Book Crook Liza

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review. I haven't read the second book but I have read the first. Cruz was by far my favorite character of the book.
    Book Sniffers Anonymous

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to read my post! I would love to know what you think, so please leave a comment below!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...