Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Review: Ladybird, Ladybird by Abra Ebner

Ladybird, Ladybird
By: Abra Ebner
Pub. Date: June 1, 2011
Publisher: Crimson Oak Publishing
Pages: 168
Source: Purchased
In her new fantasy romance book for teens, popular young adult writer Abra Ebner tells the story of Samantha, her alcoholic father, her relationships at school and the ghost of a mother who communicates in a way that is both intriguing and complex. Samantha's salvation is found in an unexpected romance with another misfit until she finds out the undeniable truth of her love. Can a ladybug be the source of the answers she so desperately searches for?
Ladybird, Ladybird is nothing like what I expected. But that doesn't mean it still wasn't a beautifully written story that I loved. What first drew me to Ladybird, Ladybird was the title because, well, in case you couldn't tell (sarcasm lol), I am obsessed with ladybugs, then I watched the trailer and knew I needed to read this book as soon as possible! I really had no clue where the story was going to take me, especially since I was expecting something completely different.

Samantha has never known love from her father. He blames her for killing the love of his life, and never lets her forget that pain. But Sam still has her mom in a magical way. Even though her mother died in childbirth, she stills communicates with Sam through the use of keys and a magical box.

One day, while Sam is hiding from her life and father, she meets Leith, a quiet farm boy from her school. Leith teaches her to open up to love and shows her that she is deserving of it. It was nice to see Sam's transformation from a lonely girl, to a girl who has finally found the peace she deserves.

It's hard to write this review without giving anything away, but the ending will take your breath away. It isn't your conventional happily-ever-after ending, but it will definitely put a smile on your face



  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to read my post! I would love to know what you think, so please leave a comment below!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...