Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Double Review: The Fetish Box: Open All Night and What Escapes by Nicole Camden


The Fetish Box: Open All Night (Part 1)
By: Nicole Camden
Pub. Date: Feb 11, 2013
Publisher: Pocket Star Books
Pages: 75
Source: Netgalley

An enchanting eBook debut about a world where your fantasies come true and nothing is quite what it seems. Come on in to realize your heart’s darkest desire...Virginal twenty-two-year-old Mary has just inherited a sex shop in Florida from her mother. After a long drive from California, she arrives at her deceased mother’s house only to be confronted immediately with two equally sexy strangers: the strong, silent John and the irreverent, taunting Max. She’s innocent, almost completely untouched, but feels a completely uncharacteristic pull to each man. Shocking even herself, she realizes it’s not an unwelcome desire.

Max is a playboy who knows how to give women what they want, but John… John might just be able to give Mary something even she doesn’t know she needs…
The Fetish Box: What Escapes
By: Nicole Camden
Pub. Date: March 4, 2013
Publisher: Pocket Star Books
Pages: 85
Source: Netgalley

The breathtaking second installment in the Fetish Box eBook series…open the box and see what escapes…Mary is surprised by the deep feelings that follow in the wake of her first sexual encounter, but fascination with her lover John doesn’t dim her desire for the unapologetically lusty Irish bar-owner, Max. Feeding one hunger has unleashed other needs, and Mary wants to experience everything her new life has to offer.

But Mary’s dark desires aren’t the only ones swirling in the depths of The Fetish Box, and violence erupts amid the passion. When one of the men is attacked and the people at The Box put in danger, Mary realizes that some desires are more dangerous than others…
 When I read the synopsis for Open All Night, I didn't realize that it was part 1, so I requested the second part, What Escapes  right away. I don't think I am going to read part 3, What Remains and I definitely would not pay $1.99 to read each part. I hate writing negative reviews, but I was not happy at all. First of all, I don't understand the publisher's choice to release this book in three parts, it might have actually been better if it was just one book. Second, I just wasn't a big fan of the writing. Except for John, I thought the characters were stupid and annoying.

Never meeting her mother, Mary receives her sex shop after her mom dies. It is there that she meets Max and John. John was kind of interesting, but I wish his story would have been developed a little more. I thought Max was disgusting. At his first meeting with Mary, he pulls down her shirt and pinches her nipples. What the hell? And she is totally ok with it. After that happened (which was in the beginning), I was turned off for the rest of part 1.

I don't even know why I read part 2. I guess I was hoping it would get better. It didn't. In this installment, someone is after The Fetish Box, and the workers are getting hurt. It ends on a cliffhanger and we don't know who is after them. They are a very tight knit group, so when one is hurt the rest are going to do what they can to retaliate.

I am interested to see if Mary chooses John or Max, since she is attracted to both. My vote is for John.

Final thoughts: Don't waste your time.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to read my post! I would love to know what you think, so please leave a comment below!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...