Monday, February 25, 2013

Review: The Goddess Inheritance by Aimée Carter


The Goddess Inheritance
(The Goddess Test # 3)
By: Aimée Carter
Pub. Date: February 26, 2012
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Pages: 384
Source: Netgalley

Love or life. Henry or their child. The end of her family or the end of the world. Kate must choose.

During nine months of captivity, Kate Winters has survived a jealous goddess, a vengeful Titan and a pregnancy she never asked for. Now the Queen of the Gods wants her unborn child, and Kate can't stop her--until Cronus offers a deal.

In exchange for her loyalty and devotion, the King of the Titans will spare humanity and let Kate keep her child. Yet even if Kate agrees, he'll destroy Henry, her mother and the rest of the council. And if she refuses, Cronus will tear the world apart until every last god and mortal is dead.

With the fate of everyone she loves resting on her shoulders, Kate must do the impossible: find a way to defeat the most powerful being in existence, even if it costs her everything.

Even if it costs her eternity.
I have loved this series since the beginning, and while I am sad to see it end, I was happy with the direction that Aimée Carter took with the ending. It wasn't completely the happy ending I was hoping for, but I understand why it had to happen the way it did. Everything comes full circle in The Goddess Inheritance and it was a non stop ride the entire book.

While I did spend the first few chapters completely confused, once I started to understand what was happening, I could not put the book down. I needed to know how it was all going to turn out, especially for my favorite guy, Henry. I loved Henry even more in Inheritance. He was as sweet as ever, but at the same time he would do anything to protect his wife and child.

In this installment, Kate was faced with an impossible choice-her family or the world. Kate always put others before herself and will give up her happiness for everyone else. I have always admired Kate's selflessness and this was no exception. With her little boy Milo just born, the stakes were even higher this time around.

I liked that Kate and Henry were finally at a place in their relationship where they trusted each other completely and knew how the other felt. All I wanted was for Kate, Henry, and Milo to finally be a happy family.

Every god and goddess were put to the test in this one, and all of them grew as characters. After centuries of being alive, you would think that they never could, but Carter made it realistic and believable.

The ending was definitely a bittersweet one and I will miss all of these characters. If you haven't read these books yet, you are missing out. You will fall in love with the characters just as I had. The Goddess Inheritance was a wonderful ending to a fantastic series!




2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to read this one. I love finishing up a series and this is one I'm quite anxious about. :) Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kate drove me crazy in this one with her jump-straight-into-danger-without-thinking attitude, but I still really enjoyed it. Great review.

    Jennifer
    YA Sisterhood

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to read my post! I would love to know what you think, so please leave a comment below!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...