Thursday, April 18, 2013

Review: The Eternity Cure by Julie Kagawa


The Eternity Cure
(Blood of Eden # 2)
By: Julie Kagawa
Pub. Date: April 23, 2013
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Pages: 446
Source: Netgalley

How do you face the end of eternity?  

In Allison Sekemoto's world, there is one rule left: Blood calls to blood   
She has done the unthinkable: died so that she might continue to live. Cast out of Eden and separated from the boy she dared to love, Allie will follow the call of blood to save her creator, Kanin, from the psychotic vampire Sarren. But when the trail leads to Allie's birthplace in New Covington, what Allie finds there will change the world forever-and possibly end human and vampire existence.
 
There's a new plague on the rise, a strain of the Red Lung virus that wiped out most of humanity generations ago-and this strain is deadly to humans and vampires alike. The only hope for a cure lies in the secrets Kanin carries, if Allie can get to him in time.
 
Allison thought that immortality was forever. But now, with eternity itself hanging in the balance, the lines between human and monster will blur even further, and Allie must face another choice she could never have imagined having to make. 
After I read The Immortal Rules last year, I knew that this series was something special. Yes, it is a vampire story. But it is so different from the other vampire stories out there. This series is unique, and The Eternity Cure was even better then I expected it to be.

Allison is on the search for her creator, Kanin, who is being held captive and tortured by the insane vampire, Sarren. Thinking she is following the right path to him, she is led straight to Jackal, her blood brother. Now the two of them are off to find their maker, but what they find on the way was totally unexpected. There is a new strand of the Red Lung virus out there. This strand is killing both vampires and humans, and it is definitely not a pleasant death.

We first met Jackal in The Immortal Rules, but I didn't really take much notice of him. However, in this installment you are forced to get to know him, and I really enjoyed what I saw. You could never figure him out, and he always kept me guessing. Kanin was also something special in this story, and I love the connection between him and Allison. Allison is still as kick ass and awesome as she was in the first book. She is still trying so hard to hold on to her humanity, and at times, she definitely struggled with that. Lastly, there is poor, sweet Zeke. That boy! I just can't get enough of how amazing and selfless he is. He is the perfect man!

I have always been a huge fan of Julie Kagawa's writing, and The Eternity Cure is no exception. The characters are written wonderfully and the story is fast paced and action packed. You would think a book that is almost 500 pages would drag on, but that never happens in her stories. The Eternity Cure ended on the worst cliffhanger in the history of cliffhangers and I am so excited to see where this story will go next!!

Thank you Harlequin Teen and Netgalley for allowing me to read this wonderful story early! 


1 comment:

  1. I still have yet to read anything by Julie Kagawa! I keep hearing such great things about her books, and know she's someone I'd really love. I guess I just need to find the time to finally get to one of her books.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to read my post! I would love to know what you think, so please leave a comment below!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...