Monday, April 8, 2013

Review: If I Should Die by Amy Plum


If I Should Die
(The Revenants # 3)
By: Amy Plum
Pub. Date: May 7, 2013
Publisher: Harper Teen
Pages: 405
Source: ARC

I will not lose another person I love. I will not let history repeat itself.

Vincent waited lifetimes to find me, but in an instant our future together was shattered. He was betrayed by someone we both called a friend, and I lost him. Now our enemy is determined to rule over France’s immortals, and willing to wage a war to get what they want.

It shouldn’t be possible, none of it should be, but this is my reality. I know Vincent is somewhere out there, I know he’s not completely gone, and I will do anything to save him.

After what we’ve already fought to achieve, a life without Vincent is unimaginable. He once swore to avoid dying—to go against his nature and forsake sacrificing himself for others—so that we could be together. How can I not risk everything to bring my love back to me?
I was so excited to receive an ARC of If I Should Die that I actually did a little scream and dance when I received the package in the mail. Out of all the series I love, this is my absolute favorite. There is just something about this story, the characters, and the setting that I am absolutely in love with.

The third book picks up right where the second book, Until I Die left off. We don't exactly know what happened to Vincent. Is he dead? Was his bodied burned? Will he come back to Kate? Those questions are answered pretty quickly. Evil revenant Violette has taken Vincent's dead body and through an ancient ritual will burn his body and transfer his champion powers. This ritual will bound Vincent's spirit to Violette forever.

OMG! I spent the first half of the book stressed and the second half of the book scared and I loved every single minute of it! I had no idea how it was going to turn out. All I knew was that Kate could not lose another person that she loved, and Vincent could not spend the rest of eternity as a spirit alone and away from his family.

I loved learning more about the history of the revenants and learning more about the characters. Amy Plum is such a talented author, and I can not see what she comes up with next!  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to read my post! I would love to know what you think, so please leave a comment below!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...