Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Review: Need by Stephanie Lawton



Need
By: Stephanie Lawton
Pub. Date: May 17, 2013
Publisher: Inkspell Publishing
Source: Author

Isaac Laroche is cursed. All he wants to do is hide out and feel sorry for himself. Never mind that he got caught sleeping with his seventeen-year-old piano student, or that he abandoned her when the truth was exposed.

Isaac’s feisty high school sweetheart has different plans. Heather Swann has returned to their hometown of Mobile, Alabama, to regroup after breaking up with her troll of a fiancĂ©. She’s restless and looking for a diversion, but she bites off more than she can chew when she sets her sights on rehabilitating Isaac with her unorthodox sexual, mental, and physical plans.

The two quickly reconnect, but their happiness is threatened by family secrets, old vendettas and the death of a beloved father-figure.

Can Heather handle Isaac’s baggage, or will her own come back to haunt them both?
I loved last years Want, but one of the biggest problems I had with it was I felt that even after it ended I still had no idea who Isaac really was. Well that has changed with Need! Told in his POV after the events in Want, I really feel that I know him now, and he really isn't a bad guy! He is man whose been burned, but he is a wonderful person who never wanted to hurt anyone.

Despite being a world famous pianist, Isaac's life is going nowhere. He doesn't know what he should do. His friends and family refuse to talk to him. Everyone has left him except for his uncle. Then he meets up with his high school girlfriend Heather, the girl who got him in trouble in the first place! I really liked Heather. At first I wasn't so sure about this crazy chic, but I ended up really loving her. I had no idea how the relationship between the two of them was going to play out, but I loved every moment of it.

Heather was just what Isaac needed. When I say he needed a good ass kicking, that is exactly what I mean, and that is exactly what he got! Heather was the perfect balance of tough and tender. The two of them were so much fun together. I loved the sexy times between them and also the sweet moments they shared!  

I thought Need was extremely well written. There were no moments where I felt the story was dragging. I really enjoyed every aspect of the plot. The epilogue was an interesting and nice touch as well! I can't wait to see what Stephanie Lawton comes up with next!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to read my post! I would love to know what you think, so please leave a comment below!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...